Senior Software Engineer
TL;DR - Ok we know you’re super busy so here it is in 5 points
- We're Zenstores, an exciting Bristol based startup looking for an experienced senior software engineer to join the team as employee number 11!
- Our company is founded by developers. As a result we like to work with and explore exciting new technology, our current stack includes Python, Django, Postgres, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ, Vue.js, ES6, Spark pipelines...
- Rewarding work - Thousands of businesses use Zenstores every day and your job will involve developing and deploying features that make a huge difference to the day to day lives of our users.
- Working at Zenstores means having the responsibility to come up with ideas and the freedom to implement them that you won't get in a similar role at any other company. We prize hard work and creative thinking above all else.
- The salary for this role is negotiable on experience, every team member gets stock options and we have an incredible office in the heart of the city with a ridiculous coffee machine :)
If you're looking for a new opportunity where you have a huge impact on the company as an early member of the team then please get in touch, we're super excited to hear from you.
Read on for the full job spec.
We're a small team with an exciting SaaS product that makes shipping easy for ecommerce businesses. Last month our customers shipped 1,104,144 orders through the platform and to date we've shipped over 20 million orders! We've built a product that our customers love, we’ve got traction, we’ve raised VC investment and now we’re going for growth.
Who are we looking for?
We're looking to hire a hard working, experienced senior software engineer with a passion for building high quality and scalable web applications. Your work will make a difference to thousands of businesses and you will play an integral role in how our product and company evolves.
What’s working at Zenstores like?
Your day to day at Zenstores will involve:
- Writing, testing and deploying new features to our core product
- Provisioning new services and maintaining our existing cloud infrastructure (AWS).
- Improving our internal testing/deployment/monitoring tools and processes.
- Contributing to product planning and solving unique scaling and architectural challenges.
- Working within a multi-disciplined agile team, mentoring other team members and providing code reviews
- You’re looking for a role in a startup where you have more freedom and you can make a real impact on the company.
- You have 5+ years commercial experience of building and deploying web applications.
- You’re positive, upbeat and obsessed with technology and rethinking the way things are done.
- You have experience with and can confidently work as a full stack developer across our tech stack:
- Linux servers
This is a role that’s big on responsibility and big on opportunity, with both immediate and long-term benefits.
- Salary negotiable on experience
- Stock options - Own a part of Zenstores as an early member of the team
- Flexible working environment in a super nice office in the centre of Bristol
- 25 days holiday (plus bank/public holidays)
- Mac, Linux or PC laptop
- Have a huge impact on the company as an early member of the team
- Work in a friendly, talented team with all the tools and support you need to succeed
- More than a job, but only if that’s what you want!
This is a permanent role based in Bristol starting ASAP.